There is a simple trick to find dust spots in your digital cameras sensor. Just take a picture of a grey object, eg. a grey sky or a solid grey wall. Make sure you use an aperture of f/16 or narrower for the shot. Now open the picture in Adobe Photoshop and then press Command-I (Apple) or Ctrl-I on PC to invert the photo.
|Photo by: Yohmi|
When a picture is inverted any dust on sensor really stands out. Given below is the inverted version of the above picture.
|how to find dust spots in dslr sensors|
Now that you have identified the problem areas, you could either move on to the process of cleaning your sensor or if you are not comfortable doing it yourselves give it to an authorized service center.
- Is your camera up to date? Make Sure You Have the Latest Firmware
- Why You Should Download The Electronic (PDF) Version of Your Camera’s Users Manual
- How to Control Aperture and Shutter Speed on an Entry Level Point and Shoot Digital Camera
- 12 Most Common Exposure Problems Faced by Photographers and How to Fix Them
- 20 Tips to Improve Focusing Accuracy and Sharpness in your Images